CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Asia Major

Some of my favorite models happen to be Asian(Liu Wen, Ming Xi, Du Juan, etc.), so it is very exciting to hear that US Vogue featured an article/editorial on the rise of these Asian models. The idea itself is great, but what makes this even better is that they also included quotes from the models themselves.


The challenge for me, and for Asian models in general has been convincing editors, stylists and photographers that we can have mass appeal, but Asian, especially Chinese models have become a stronger presence. Just a season or two ago, there weren’t many models for me to talk with backstage in my native Mandarin. Now I usually have no trouble finding someone at any show.” – Liu Wen

0 comments: